Guess what? They’re wayyy in right now.
What is Topshop? It’s a sophisticated store located all throughout Britain, and it’s so top-notch that even Kate Moss has a collection there. The best part is, NYC Topshop is now open on Broadway & Broome St., so if you live in New York, you’re in luck! If you don’t, you can still order online from the website, http://www.Topshop.com (remember to click on the US flag in the corner because the Britsh site is a little bit different).
If you’re looking for a playsuit, Topshop is the place to go. Stylish, affordable, and perfect for the summer, the playsuits come in a variety of color and styles. There is bound to be one you’ll fall in love with. Some of the clothes are amazing but others are kind of hard to pull of. But if you CAN pull it off, then go for it, girl! That’s the beauty of Topshop.
According to Topshop.com, the popular Kate Moss collection is “nestled in its own boutique on the first floor” and “capsule collections from fashion’s favourites are available to buy”, which basically means that a special section is devoted to the KM collection and they sell unique clothes from “up-and-coming designers”.The boutique in NY is incredible, with four floors filled with an energetic vibe. Who wouldn’t be energetic browsing through a store filled with hip British apparel? Topshop is in.
P.S. I’ve added a link to Topshop’s blog, Inside-Out, on my Blogroll, just so you know.
Look around at your classmates. Can you tell who is confident and who isn’t? Chances are the people you have labeled as confident are sitting up straight and NOT biting their nails or looking around all the time. This is called poise. And it’s really only takes practice to get the hang of it. Let me show you.
1. Find a seat that is the same as or is similar to the chair you sit in while in class. Make sure your back is against the chair. Now you are automatically taller and more poised. Sit close to your desk so you musn’t reach too far.
2. Analyze your usual expression in the mirror. Is it unfriendly? Does it make you look dumb? Find an expression that makes you look smart and approachable, and remind yourself all the time to look like that, and eventually it will be your normal face.
3. Biting your nails or your pencil is not at all attractive. Do whatever you can to break out of these habits, because they will only make becoming popular that much harder. Paint your nails, paint your pencil, just make sure you’re not biting anything.
4. Raise your hand in class! If you know the answer, or have a decent argument to make, say it! The worst that can happen is you will be wrong and people might act like you’re stupid, but only for five minutes and then they will absolutely positively forget about it. Really.
5. You have to feel confident on the inside too if you want perfect poise. Remember that you are smart and you know most of the answers and your opinion counts. If you believe it, then everyone else will too.
Hope that helps and please keep this tips in mind during class. Also, if you DO happen to chew your pencil or your nails, I am thoroughly grossed out and would request that you no longer visit my blog. Just kidding!
Disco fever!!! Go all out with sequins and everything sparkly and shiny. You’ll love this look because it’s fun, bubbly, and glamorous all at the same time. Here are some fabulous finds you’ll fall in love with.
Gold etoile ball earrings (Tiffany’s, $1,600)
Aqua sequin miniskirt (Bloomingdales, ON SALE $44)
*”Dog Sequins” Logo Tee by Juicy Couture (Bloomingdales, $66)
Whisper by Martinez Valero (Piperlime.com, $100)
Embellished Linen Shorts (Forever 21, $16)
Pink Sequined Headband (Cache.com, $20.30)
I absolutely adore this style and right now I’m keeping my eyes open for disco-fab items everywhere. The best thing is you can buy sequined things at all sorts of different shops, whether it’s cheap at Forever 21 or a real splurge at Tiffany’s (might be better as a very special gift instead!). Tip: If you like to sew, put sequins along the neck and hem of basic tank tops for a cool, homemade effect.
* This tee is for girls (sizes 7-16) so if you’re petite, maybe this is the perfect shirt for you!
My favorite summer read is this fabulous book by Meg Cabot (author of the Princess Diaries series, in case you didn’t know) and it’s called How to be Popular. I love it because it is a very realistic story of a girl named Steph who I’m sure you’ll be able to relate to. Steph is pretty much a reject at her suburban high school after an incident that caused the most popular girl in school to completely hate her. She finds a book that tells her all about how to become popular, and she’s surprised to find that when she follows its instruction, she’s actually becoming well-liked and is making new friends and gaining confidence. It’s very inspirational for anyone who desperately wants to escape the past and have loads of friends, because that’s exactly what Steph is trying to do.
This book is a wonderful vacation read too, so pack it in your suitcase and remember that next year, you just might have a lot more friends than you did this year. Like Steph, you’ll throw old days away and enjoy a whole new lifestyle that is popularity.
If you’re ever in need of some music to get you pumped for popularity, try these fabulous tunes. They come in handy while you’re training to make the coolest sports team, searching your wardrobe for a few decent articles of clothing (it can take forever!), or just trying to get yourself in the mood that you can and you will be popular. This is my top 10:
1. “Popular”- Kristen Chenoweth (from Wicked!!! my absolute favorite song!!!)
2. “Beautiful”- Akon, Colby O’Donis, & Kardinal Offishall
3. “Beautiful Girls”- Sean Kingston
4. “Miss Popularity”- Jordan Pruitt
5. “I Do Not Hook Up”- Kelly Clarkson
6. “You’re Beautiful”- James Blunt
7. “We Made You”- Eminem
8. “American Boy” feat. Kanye West- Estelle
9. “La la Land”- Demi Lovato
10. “Start All Over”- Miley Cyrus